Lehigh Valley Old-Timers Soccer League
Information for Soccer Officials
1. All players 30 years of age by the day of the game are eligible.
2. Officials have to check all player passes before the game (USSF method) per given line-ups. Any player not able to present his proper Identification Document can't play. We are using a diagonal two-man system (modification based on the three-man system). No pass - no play (u.n.o.). Player passes must be checked by opposing coaches (preferred) or by officials.
3 Officials must collect the team rosters from each club and ensure that issued cards match the names and jersey numbers. Game reports should be done online on our website: www.lvotsl.org. Keep the rosters for your own record, but provide all important information online in your report.
4. Team rosters with a standard game report form MUST be sent in by the head official the way it is done in other leagues. The final score and issued cards overview on their Game Report form must be given clearly. If there is a grave disorder, or for some other reason the game is terminated, an additional game report must be filed. And with team rosters they must be sent to the games chairman within 48 hours of the game having been played. The rosters may be scanned and together with a game report (get a copy from our website or use the USSF form from LVYSL.org site) can be emailed while the hard copies are saved for your own records. Otherwise, you must mail hard copies to Hisham Sobhy by Monday at the latest, especially if there are player passes included due to issuing Red Cards.
The head official is named first on the assignment list. Send the report to (all reports are to be sent within 48 hours):
Mr. Hisham Sobhy
104 Cherry Canyon Dr.
Stroudsburg, PA, 18360
Website Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The officials on site, and/or the games chairman and the officials assignor will determine the cancellation of a game. Call the home team if necessary. See our website for Phone Numbers and Directions to our fields.
6. Late arrivals from the visiting team have a grace period of 15 minutes.
7. Start the game with 7 players a side. No grace period for the home team and the latest rules apply.
8. All rules are to be followed in accordance with FIFA rules and LVOTSL modifications.
9. There is no restriction for the number of substitutions in a game (throw-in, possession only).
10. Playing time is 2x45 min. No overtime is to be played for a game.
11. After the game time, officials are to be paid by each team in the amount of $70.00 each, or a total of $80.00 if only one official calls the game. In this case each team pays $40.00. The fee for a forfeit is $75.00 plus the referee fees - each referee gets paid in full $70.00 once the payments are finalized.
12 If the game is cancelled on site, the officials must be paid half the regular fee for travel expenses in the amount of $35.00 by each team or a total of $70.00. This is $35.00 for each official in the two man system and $40.00 ($20.00 per team) if there was only one official to call a game.
13. All referees must do their best to control the game, and be wary of giving any unfair advantage.
IF YOU SEE ANY POTENTIAL PROBLEMS (LIKE THE PLAYERS MIGHT START FIGHTING) YOU MUST BLOW THE WHISTLE IMMEDIATELY AND STEP IN TO
PREVENT ANY UNDESIREABLE, more serious, GAME DISRUPTIONS.
14. We rely upon the referee’s authority and knowledge of the laws of the game. However, if there are any unusual problems, both coaches must assist him in resolving them. Two officials work as a team and support each other.
15. Even though this is a recreational league, coaches must control their teams. Talkers, complainers, and troublemakers must be taken care of. Let’s establish a friendly environment.
16. At the end of the game, the referee collects the ball and gives it to the home team. SENDING IN GAME REPORTS WITHIN 48 HOURS IS MANDATORY FOR TERMINATED GAMES. SAVE A COPY. If ordinary game reports are submitted online please do it within 96 hours after the game has been played so that our games commissioner can review them before the next weekend.
17. In case of assault, the referee will press charges with the nearest police.
18. The referee report must indicate whether or not the field was marked properly, if corner flags were missing, and the exact time the game started. Again, the maximum grace period for the first 7
guest players is 15 minutes. There is no grace period for home team.
19. Two cautions in a game carry a one game suspension. Issuing a red card directly (w/o yellow cards) carries a 2 game suspension minimum. The incidents related to the game must be described clearly and accurately. Both officials must agree for their game to be terminated.
GAME REPORTS MUST HAVE PROPER EXPLANATIONS WHY THE RED CARDS WERE SHOWN (2 YELLOW CARDS, SERIOUS FOUL, VIOLENT CONDUCT, ETC.).
The official taking the line-up sheets or the first official on the assignment list is responsible for sending in the game report within 48 hours (hard copies). Our games are officiated per proper understanding that every question or comment must not be interpreted as dissent, persistent misconduct, or referee abuse.
Enjoy the game and keep officiating,
Referee Assignor: Hum – Hamdija Todorovac
Ph. 610-433-5301 (H)